Community health care
PHASE II OF THE COMMUNITY HEALTH PROJECT TO BE CARRIED OUT WITH CSSS DES SOMMETS
March 29, 2011
FDGB has signed an agreement with CSSS des Sommets to move forward with the original project. Phase II, to be carried out over two years, will include two components: an enhanced Défi Santé program and a new co-management model for CSSS des Sommets doctors and administrators.
The objectives of these two programs are as follows:
- Expand the list of the most frequent users of emergency services with whom we conduct personalized follow-ups to 100
- Promote and bolster interdisciplinary relationships (with partners, pharmacists, emergency medical technicians, health professionals, care programs, etc.) for complex cases
- Establish ties with medical staff and follow-up procedures for targeted patients
- Export the Défi Santé model for complex cases to other disciplines and emphasize education and patient responsibility
For more information about Défi Santé, please click here.
The doctors and administrators co-management model is designed to improve work organization and thus provide better patient care.
The co-management approach is designed to:
- Enhance communication between medical staff and administrators
- Ensure physician accountability during clinical projects
- Ensure that administrators and physicians approve and pursue shared objectives for each care program
- Achieve better-defined performance indicators and improve monitoring
A follow-up committee made up of representatives of the de Gaspé Beaubien Foundation, CSSS des Sommets, and HEC Montréal has been set up. The committee’s main objectives are:
- To stay abreast of current and upcoming activities as part of Phase II of the project
- Monitor attainment of objectives for both components of Phase II (co-management and the Défi Santé program)
- Maximize benefits for the CSSS des Sommets as a whole and the entire Quebec health system by publicizing the results of Phase II of the project